What Is Formation Riding?
Formation riding, more formally known as quadrille dressage, is a competitive equestrian sport. Groups of riders perform choreographed maneuvers, usually to music. It is similar to drill team. A minimum of four horses are used, although additional pairs can be added to the team. At the highest level, teams perform intricate maneuvers in complicated shapes on the field. Matching horses and uniforms, upbeat music and clever synchronization make formation riding an incredible sight to behold.
- How To Ride In Formation
- Maneuver Diagrams
- Team Roster
- All Formation Riding Team Posts
- First Routine – Diagram Sheet and ABC Song
- Second Routine – Diagram Sheet
- Third Routine – Diagram Sheet and Cheat Sheet
- Fourth Routine – Diagram Sheet
- Fifth Routine – PDF Diagram Sheet or DOCX Version